Share this job:
Business Development Representative
Technology | Greenville | South Carolina | $65,000
Greenville, SC – Our client is the world’s leading provider of construction cost data, software and services for all phases of the construction lifecycle. From planning to design, procurement, construction and operations, the company delivers groundbreaking solutions to contractors, architects, engineers, educational institution stakeholders, facility owners and managers in the local, state and federal government, education, healthcare, manufacturing, insurance, legal, retail and other industries. With our proprietary data we offer the largest collection of labor, material and equipment data and associated costs in the world with over 275,000 construction tasks with costs for all areas of construction. The company also offers the most widely used construction procurement information management software available anywhere and cutting-edge facilities intelligence and life cycle costing software to assess initial installed costs versus long-term facility costs and improve long-term asset performance. We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, HSA, and a 401(k) retirement plan. EOE M/F
• The Business Development Representative is responsible for lead generation for the sales team to pursue.
• The Business Development Representative role is both fast paced and competitive, and will work closely with the sales and marketing teams.
• The Business Development Representative will drive demand for the company’s products and solutions.
• The Business Development Representative is a relationship building role and requires prospecting with specific geographical territories and in-depth knowledge of the products and services the company offers.
• The right candidate is self-motivated. goal oriented, and willing to be a part of a team environment.
• 0-2+ years of prospecting experience in the B2G or B2B environment is preferred
• Bachelor's degree desired, but relevant work experience will be considered
• Exceptional verbal, written, listening skills, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with customers and all levels of management
• Disciplined to maintain high activity level and call volume (minimum 30 outbound calls per day)
• Strong attention to detail; making and keeping commitments and meeting deadlines
• Able to perform prospect and account research to prepare for calls
• Public procurement knowledge is beneficial, but not required
Base Comp: $40,000 - $45,000
Total Comp: $60,000 - $65,000