Business Development Manager – Conference and Events
Technology | Burlington | Massachusetts | $110,000
Burlington, MA - Our client has been in business for over 20 years and are the largest tradeshow organizer in the United States. They sponsor over 125 conferences and events for the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry each year. Their proprietary market research, competitive analysis and cutting edge information is what makes them an industry powerhouse and a first-to-market-firm.
• The Business Development Manager’s primary responsibilities will be to prospect, develop and maintain relationships through selling their sponsorship services.
• The Business Development Manager will be held to making an average of 40-50 strategic calls a day in addition to other department requirements and prospecting activities.
• The Business Development Manager will be primarily calling on the Marketing Suite and managing and building relationships to continuously sell 10-15 conferences during the first year.
• 2+ years of experience in inside sales
• Strong networking skills (through face-to-face sales and social media)
• Superb written and verbal communication are a must
• Experience working in the medical device, life sciences or pharmaceutical industry, or previous experience selling conferences and events is a plus
• 4-year college degree Required
Location: Reporting daily to a Burlington, MA office; Ability to travel up to 30% (including some weekends) to attend industry events and meet with industry leaders.
Base Comp: $50,000 - $60,000
Total Comp: $100,000 - $110,000